The family

The family

Sunday, September 23, 2018

The last post was an update about our journey with surrogacy. This one is a quick update about my remission! 

Had my official remission appointment last Thursday. New Dr since mine retired literally weeks after my hysterectomy. He’s nice and was positive- even taking about our surrogacy journey- he took the time to find out about me at this point which was encouraging of course. 

He did his exam and said “everything looks great! I’ll see you in 6 months!”  Phew!! The absolute easiest oncology visit I’ve had. New phase in my health journey, new Dr to take me through the transition.  I cried tears of relief. 
He even said that bc of my type of cancer and my current diagnosis (all clear), I should have no reason to not go through hormone treatment if we ever decided to go through another retrieval. Praying we won’t have to make that decision and all will go well with this precious potential future child.  

Thank you for the support and prayers as we are constantly acknowledging  God's hand in this. We are reminded (as I said in last post) that even through the advancements in this process, God is in control. Despite all the great numbers on paper at retrival, only one embryo was usable (grew and healthy). 

Financially- it’s overwhelming. But we are trusting that God has lead us this far- he will continue to provide. Money is not life (but it helps). 

No comments:

Post a Comment